Carter And BackStreetBoys Addicted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News News News

Go down

News News News Empty News News News

Post  KAOS Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 23:54

Leslie plant mit ihrer Band nach Germany zu kommen. Genaue Daten gibts noch nicht...aber ich bleib dran..
VERSPROCHEN!!!!

Last edited by KAOS on Mon 27 Oct 2008 - 21:15; edited 1 time in total
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1371
Where do you live? : NRW
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

News News News Empty MySpace Blog

Post  KAOS Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 15:11

14 Sep 2008, 09:00

UPDATE!
Aktuelle Stimmung: am Chillen

Quite a bit has happened since we last posted on Myspace...so I'll give you a breakdown:

In august we did a handful of performances to showcase some of the new songs we're working on. We wanted to see what the fans responded to...kind of like a test run. At the last show we had a guest appearance from Leslie's bro Nick and it was a blast.

Since then we've regrouped and are we're focusing on writing to a much greater degree. We want our songs to really pop for you. There is so much we want to write about....

We'll be performing again Oct, 2nd so keep your eyes peeled for more updates and future news.

Y'all come back now ya hear!

-Mike
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KAOS Wed 17 Sep 2008 - 15:12

16 Sep 2008, 09:00

Writing Blog from Nashville!
Aktuelle Stimmung: unter Strom

I'm sitting here in a studio on Nasville's "Music Row" just steps away from the very place that Elvis and Johnny Cash recorded many of their hits. Down the street stands a house on the corner where Garth Brooks recorded every one of his major hits....and oddly enough, it all looks like one of toronto's small residential areas.

We're working with a guy named Terry Sawchuck, who through a short discussion we realized he hails from my small, industrial hometown of Espanola in Northern Canada....almost a thousand miles away. Small world.

We talked about how my mom taught him in elementary school and laughed about her notorious past teaching methods. Both Terry and Leslie then retreat to writers room 4 in the studio as they pound out ideas and melodies for a new song that sounds like they're digging up some dark anthem no one has discovered yet.

There is a certain buzz in the room as there are a few more rooms occupied by other country artists and singer/songwriters. Everyone in passing is very welcoming and very Southern....I feel very fortunate to be in my shoes right now being a part of this all the while remembering where it is this all came from.
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

News News News Empty The Band

Post  KAOS Sat 27 Sep 2008 - 2:18

BAND
A brainstorm project of polar opposites, was originally formed in 2005 between the southern fried Reality tv/pop star Leslie Carter and her drummer Mike Ashton. Based on the idea of combining things that don't exactly work in a traditional fashion, the two have forged ahead despite opposition, constant controversy and have managed to stay focused and grounded on what really matter's, making great music.

Their style of rock influenced, pop based fun with the honesty of frontwoman Leslie Carters' own journal dating back to 1997 contains the stories of her closely guarded life, the torment of growing up in the spot light and the issues that every young girls faces making her relatable and real when they become lyrics to her songs. Drummer and seasoned musician Mike Ashton began in 1998 by starting his own band which eventually brought him to the city of Toronto where he met Leslie. By combining these two very different world's of underground indie rock music and mainstream pop they've managed to create something exciting and new. A soundtrack of two worlds colliding, lives that can never be pretencious or corrupted. You hear this in the song "Fire to the Flame" a song about passion and then you have "Forget What We Had" a song about anger and freedom from old chains, ultimately a relationship gone wrong.

Beneath the exterior lies an even greater story, this story is about people coming together and never loosing sight of what they want to be known for in the music world. Together they have become an unstoppable creative writing team in their own right making catchy melodies and hooks to meet just about any music lovers taste. Together they make TOH special.

As a young band TOH has been fortunate enough to have had the exposure of being featured and perform at The Cat Club on the sunset strip on a world wide show "House of Carters'" staring Leslie and her famous siblings but that alone is not all there is to this talented band.

TOH has performed in numerous major cities like Hollywood and New York City. TOH has been featured on ET Canada, hosted MUCH MUSIC's MOD in Toronto, Canada, hosted MUSIQUE PLUS Montreal, been featured on the cover of Hamilton's leading local music magazine VIEW Magazine appeared at the MUCH MUSIC's MMVA's.

Leslie Carter herself was once signed with DreamWorks records, toured worldwide with her brother Aaron Carter, the USA on the ALL THAT NICKELODEON tour and recently won 2 awards for StarShine Magazines' 2007 Unsigned/Independant Artist of the year and Independant Song of the year for her song "Worse" written by Leslie Carter, Scott Komer and Dave Thompson.

Thanks to The OtherHalf myspace
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

News News News Empty New Blog Entry!!!!

Post  KAOS Thu 9 Oct 2008 - 21:23

Freitag, Oktober 10, 2008

About The Other Half
Aktuelle Stimmung: munter

So I haven't written in a bit but its because its hard to keep up with so many things at once but luckily I know our fans understand. The guys in the band usually leave most of the internet duties and managing blogs and emails and setting up meeting up to me. I love these guys but at the same time they are boys. They just want to write songs and play music so I take care of a lot of things. I really try hard to do my best to keep all our fans informed so heres whats up.

Our managers feel like we have something special going on here, we have a full album of material that sounds truly unique and totally The Other Half. I wish so bad that we could post all the new songs up but its basically TOP SECRET lol also we have already started filming our reality show based on the band we have been working on getting this project(the show) since January and now everything has fallen into place. Its kills me knowing what we got but knowing that we can't share just yet, so please until the time comes we are gonna have to all wait but it will be worth it. I know all this hard work will lead to great things!

Just as an additional note thank you so much for continuing to come to our page and listen to our songs everyday when we look at your emails and see the progress right in front of our eyes its what helps us get by when times get tough. A musician's life is challenging to say the least but its what we love.

Lata
I'm writing on behalf of The OTHer HaLf

LESLIE <3
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

News News News Empty Re: News News News

Post  KAOS Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 0:22

02 Okt 2008, 05:54
Just a little note
Hey there,

The band wanted to sent out a little message to let everyone know that if your in our area (Burlington, Ontario, CANADA) we are playing a show tomorrow night OCT 2nd(Info available on our site)

We have 2 new songs that we went to Nashville,TN to write and they are well, simply put fun and totally TOH style. We have definately found our sound.

We are playing with some really great bands as well and it will be a crazy night for sure. Oh and if you aren't in our area obviously there is no need to reply to this with an "I wish I could go!" We know your out there, we know you support our band and we thank you.

Can't wait till we can play for everyone in every city!!

LOVE+PEACE
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KAOS Fri 24 Oct 2008 - 17:35

Montag, Oktober 27, 2008

EXCLUSIVE T.V. Show Launch Party

*The Other Half* finally confirms that they are indeed filming their very own reality television show based on the lives of Leslie Carter, Mike Ashton, Sean Smit and Jason Eldon playing in the rock band THE OTHER HALF. This is for real people. We start filming this night!

Located at The HideOut on Queen Street Toronto.

This is an anything could happen night, come celebrate with The Other Half!

Start Time:
Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 7:00pm
End Time:
Monday, October 27, 2008 at 2:00am
Street:
484 Queen St. W.
City/Town:
Toronto, ON
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KAOS Mon 29 Dec 2008 - 22:47

Dezember 29, 2008 - Montag

Aktuelle Stimmung: hibbelig

Its been a year of success, frustration, ups and downs but we have finally reached the end. Looking back on it now Mike and I thought we'd never make it out alive but now after reflecting on all the hard work we and this entire band have but in we realize that it was a year of preparation. A year to help us built strength and stronger relationships with our band members. I know some of you out there had a pretty tuff year and some of course had a spectacular one. But coming straight from us we know when the shit gets hard it always gets better so heres to another year of life. Good or bad at least we are still alive!

Happy New Year Everyone-The Other Half
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KAOS Tue 3 Mar 2009 - 20:26

Official Statement from Leslie
März 1, 2009 - Sonntag

Aktuelle Stimmung: kess

We are sad to announce that our good friend and bass player Sean Smit has left the band and returned to his home in Sarnia. We will miss him and wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Good luck!

On a different note The Other Half continues to move forward in preparation of the filming of our show Leslie Carter: Maid To Rock and we are auditioning bass player/vocalists to complete the group. We have new and fully mastered songs that are going to blow everyone away once we are allowed to release them, we can't wait!
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content