Carter And BackStreetBoys Addicted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backstreet Boys At Work On New Album, Solo Discs

Go down

Backstreet Boys At Work On New Album, Solo Discs Empty Re: Backstreet Boys At Work On New Album, Solo Discs

Post  KAOS Fri 25 Jul 2008 - 0:16

Is there an emptiness in your life that only more Backstreet Boys music can fill? Great news! The Backstreet Boys are working on their sixth album. The now-quartet recently hit up the studio while touring Europe, and plan to work on some more new material when their U.S. tour wraps in early September. Backstreeter Howie Dorough even says the group might work with pop producer extraordinaire Max Martin, who teamed with the Boys on their hits “I Want It That Way” and “Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely.” But wait, there’s more: Both Dorough and A.J. McLean are nearly finished working on their respective solo albums. Release dates for those solo discs have not been announced yet.

Source: Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1371
Where do you live? : NRW
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Backstreet Boys At Work On New Album, Solo Discs Empty Re: Backstreet Boys At Work On New Album, Solo Discs

Post  KAOS Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 18:36

Backstreet Boys At Work On New Album, Solo Discs Backstreet_boys_06l

Juli 24, 2008 , 12:15 PM ET
Gary Graff, Detroit

Backstreet Boys Howie Dorough and A.J. McLean are continuing to work on their first solo projects even as the group has started work on its sixth studio album.

Dorough tells Billboard.com that "A.J.'s about done" with his album, while Dorough is "probably close to halfway there." He's been working with Jon Secada and George Noriega (Ricky Martin, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez) on an album Dorough says will explore the Latin roots of his mother's family, which hails from Puerto Rico.

"I've always embraced the Latin rhythms, the Latin sounds, just the music itself," says Dorough, who even flirted with joining Menudo when he was younger. "It's just such a feel-good music, and I've always looked up to people like Jon Secada, Ricky Martin, Enrique (Iglesias), who have done a good crossover."

Dorough describes his album as "kind of Latin-ish, English, Spanglish. It's just a mixture of my American roots in pop music meets my Latin roots. It's gonna be a good, kind of eclectic mixture."

Release dates for both his and McLean's albums are up in the air, however. "Obviously Backstreet's always gonna be number one," Dorough says. "It's a matter of timing, when we feel each of us wants our record to come out so that we're not competing with each other or taking time away that we could be working ... as a group."

The group, in fact, has already started working on its follow-up to last year's "Unbreakable," recording some new material while on tour in Europe. Dorough says the quartet plans to hit the studio after its tour of North America, which starts Tuesday in St. John's, Newfoundland, and wraps on Sept. 6 in Seattle.

"We're looking at getting back into the studio quite quickly," says Dorough, adding that Backstreet Boys may work again with Swedish producer/writer Max Martin, who worked with the group on "I Want it That Way," "Shape of My Heart," "Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)" and other hits.

"We want to hopefully have something ready to go or at least be heavily into it by the end of the year and have something out towards the beginning of next year," Dorough says.

credit: www.billboard.com
KAOS
KAOS
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1371
Where do you live? : NRW
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down